MEMBERS

Activity
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
Community Moderator

Do you double (cleanse)? This, you NEED to read!

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauty Connects!

If, like me, you're a big fan of skincare you'll have noticed a lot of hype recently around a new skincare trend, double cleansing.

Bloggers and skincare experts alike are jumping on board the double-cleanse bandwagon but the rumours are that the concept comes from Korea and they've been doing it for years, where have we been!?  

The idea behind double cleansing is that the first cleanse is for removing make-up, daily grime, dead cells etc and then the second cleanse is when you are really getting down to cleaning your skin! 

Avon-Clearskin-Blackhead-Mask-Lex-Gillies-2.jpg

So is it finally time to throw the face wipes and allocate some time in your routine for that second cleanse?  

I recommend the Anew Anti-Ageing 3-in-1 Cleansing Water which is perfect for removing excess oil, dirt and make-up, what's more, is that it is for all skin types! 

The second cleanse is when you can start treating your skin and targeting any problems that you may have.

For oily, spot prone skin I'd use something with salicyclic acid like the Clearskin Blackhead Clearing Daily Cleanser or the Clearskin Blackhead Clearing 3 in 1 White Clay Cleanser

For dry/ combination skin I'd use something cream based. I love the Anew Comforting Cream Cleanser & Mask, team this with a muslin cloth, soak under warm water and use to buff away impurities, revealing beautifully clean skin.

Why not try double cleansing this weekend? Comment below how you get on!

Leigh x

Representative
Superstar
In response to leighmavon

Re: Do you double (cleanse)? This you NEED to read!

Do we second cleanse every day or just once a week as an extra benefit @ leighmavon ?

Highlighted
Community Moderator
In response to bravissimo

Hey @bravissimo

I've been doing it every day morning and night and exfoliating a couple of times a week and the same with a mask Smiley Happy

Leigh x

President's Club Member
Expert Blogger
In response to bravissimo

I double cleanse every day @bravissimo @leighmavon . I read about this on Instagram. Then I also use a gentle scrub 3 times a week. It has really helped my skin. 

Representative
Superstar
In response to knittygritty6

When I was younger I always double cleansed... started with baby lotion and finished with a toner.  Was thinking of purchasing the new Avon Care Toner and doing the same again....it has been very popular with my customers!!