• 18 likes
  • 7 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
Highlighted
President's Club Member
Superstar

Review - The Coveted Top

Hello ABC's!

I’m so pleased I bought the Coveted Top. Why? Lots of reasons!DSC08002 (872x1280).jpg

I love the cut out (laddered) detail around the neck, shoulders, peephole and cuffs, the soft grey shade is perfect for all seasons, it’s true to size and the sleeves are long enough for my orangutan length arms! And it looks just like it does in the promo photos. A super stylish blouse, great for going out, smart for work wear and easy for casual wear.

DSC08008 (1280x853).jpg

the back (4) (1245x1280).jpg

With covered buttons and elasticated hoops on the cuffs and the back, it’s easy to do up, even on your own.DSC08001 (1280x960).jpg

I’ve got long arms and a long body, I struggle to find tops that fit my length without becoming too wide. I’m wearing size 14/16 and in my opinion is true to size.

DSC07987 (1280x977).jpg

The Coveted top is slightly longer at the back than the front and can be worn tucked in or out.  A nice touch is the pintucked shoulders at the top of the sleeve.front (3) (1280x1245).jpg

front (5) (1255x1280).jpg

the back (1) (774x1280).jpg

I really love this blouse, I hope they make more in different colours, black would be great for winter!

100% polyester.

Toodles!

x0x0x0x

President's Club Member
Superstar
In response to jazzqueen64

Re: Review - The Coveted Top

It looks lovely on you @jazzqueen64

Super Stylish HeartHeart

Representative
Superstar

I can't believe it @jazzqueen64 you beat me to it ... I was just about to post a review on this but think yours is much better so I'll add my comments to yours.

I ordered a 18/20 just in case the sizing was neat but to be honest I think I could have ordered the smaller size.

I like the elastic loops for tying the buttons at the neck as it makes it easy to fasten yourself.

I found the neckline went a bit low on me as I'm quite short so it looks better if I wear a camisole underneath.

And it took me ages to get the creases out - I had to iron it 3 times so I'm not sure it would pack well for holidays or weekends away which is a shame as I was wanting to take it with me to my daughter's next weekend - perhaps Avon can bear this in mind when choosing materials for garments.

All in all though I love this blouse - worn with jeans it has an edgy look, especially the style shown in the brochure but worn with skirts (I bought it to wear with a black knitted wool skirt) it almost has a Russian Cossacks feel which I love.

Only question left is - do I send it back and get a smaller size??

President's Club Member
Superstar

Thanks @shazza64 it's great when you find a piece of clothing that fits and suits you, I'm really chuffed to bits with it. 

We are Avon Twinnies @bravissimo and I think you'll be OK with a smaller size (as long as your not massively busty), the peep-hole might be better positioned sized down.  I didn't have any issues ironing it, however, I did start with the iron temperature low and increased it and had it on steam x

Representative
Superstar

F1E138FB-D64E-4A4C-92B7-5B652C55CBE2.jpeg64DBF517-F3E5-4A5A-83D1-78E375DEDEB5.jpeg

As you can see @jazzqueen64 the sizing isn’t enormous - if I decided to keep the larger size it wouldn’t look odd but I am wondering if a smaller size would look a little  less boxy

President's Club Member
Superstar
In response to bravissimo

Wow!  Looking good @bravissimo the blouse looks great on you, fits you on the shoulders, length of the sleeve etc.  I know what you mean about being boxy but I think if you got a smaller size you'll end up with a smaller box!  It's a fab blouse isn't it @bravissimo x

Coordinator
Superstar

Great review @jazzqueen64

I hope they do bring one out in Black :-)

Buy at www.avon.uk.com/store/mymakeup
FREE DELIVERY with orders over £30
Join me at http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura
Read my blog at www.mymakeup2016.blog
Representative
Superstar

I know @jazzqueen64 I think I will stick with the bigger size coz I really like it

Representative
Occasional Contributor

Review coveted top

Love this blouse , the style and colour, would like to see it in different colours too. I  just had to get one

President's Club Member
Superstar

That looks great on you @jazzqueen very stylish.

President's Club Member
Superstar

Well done @jazzqueen64 and @bravissimo. Your reviews are awesome-so detailed. I think I might wait for different colour for me, if they ever decide to add one Smiley Happy