• 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
Highlighted
Community Editor

How did you choose your baby's name?

Hi Beauty Connects!

It must be the time of the year where the 'most popular' name lists are being revealed. It got me thinking about how hard it must be to choose a name that will last your child's lifetime. 

I'd love to know what name you chose and how you made your decision?  

suhyeon-choi-251615.jpg

Leigh x

Coordinator
Superstar
In response to leighmavon

Re: How did you choose your baby's name?

We really struggled to decide on a name and when I was in labour the midwife asked what his name was, my other half said George so that was it he was George.

He was born the same year as Prince George so I was worried that it would end up being really common but he’s the only George in his year at school so it turned out ok.  And he loves his name because I have an uncle named George (he’s 85) so he likes to be Little George and Big George.

Buy at www.avon.uk.com/store/mymakeup
FREE DELIVERY with orders over £30
Join me at http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura
Read my blog at www.mymakeup2016.blog
Representative
New Contributor
In response to laurajayne

I chose both my boys names without any name books or suggestions from friends or family I wanted a name to last their entire lives without going in & out of fashion I thought a king or a biblical name would be suitable. I chose Christopher James & Nicholas Richard  

thanks Cheryl Rollin

President's Club Member
Contributor

I didnt no the sexy of the baby when I was pregnant. I dreamt I was having a girl and called her Louise Ann, to my surprise I had a beautiful baby girl x

Representative
New Contributor

I new all 3 of my kids names befor I even saw them I just new when I heard it on tv or read it in a book xx
New Contributor

Theresa was so mny names to choose from so in the end i manged 2 together  and got my sons name Leighton ,  my other son i just added some leters to his name lol 

Coordinator
Occasional Contributor

We coulnd't agree at all. Then when he was born I looked at my husband and said "what about Draven?" and he agreed, finally lol - we love the movie The Crow, where he plays 'Eric Draven' lol I remember when I was 15 saying Draven would make a cool name.

Then a couple of years later I had another son, we agreed on Brandon. Ironically Brandon Lee played Eric Draven in The Crow. That's not actually why we called him Brandon, that was the only name we could agree on. I wanted River and he wanted Cyrus. But everyone assumes we must be massive Crow fans, I just let them think that's why they're called Draven and Brandon lol.

I had a loss last January, we don't know if it was a boy or a girl, but because I found out about the pregnancy on boxing day, my son Draven affectionately named her Holly. He said she was a girl. We'll never know but I figured there's no harm in letting him think that if he wants to.

So we also, sort of had Holly too.

www.beautyonlineuk.com
Coordinator
Occasional Contributor
In response to heatherconway

wow that's really weird, I changed my email on my Avon page and it's made me a whole new beauty connects account lol

www.beautyonlineuk.com
Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor

My Partner and i decided when i was pregnant we didnt want to find out the sex of the baby. I deep down would of loved to have a little girl and my Partner wanted a little boy, so we came to an agreement. If the Baby was a Boy i could name him, If the Baby was a Girl he could name her. For my boys name i picked my Great Grandad and Grandad's name, my partner picked his name from our favorite TV show and with some influence my Great Grandmothers middle name. July 2017 i gave birth to my beautiful Daughter Elena.

Jessica xoxo