• 39 likes
  • 5 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
User Likes Count
Expert Blogger

Here to help you kick-start your business working from home

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation, which is a community of over 75,000 people who run their own sparky, small businesses. I’ve written books on how to start and grow a business and can often be found speaking to anyone who will listen about the benefits of being your own boss – benefits for the individual and for the UK as a whole!

Emma Jones portrait.jpg

Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings… and there’s no better moment to give your business a fresh start: dust off your best ideas that have been sitting in storage all winter, plan your future sales and reload your work-life balance.

photo-1434425937023-dd37d1512d9d.jpgphoto-1447768005573-3b54cdf058a2.jpg

I am very excited to be working with Avon this year on inspiring and encouraging more people to think about starting a business from home. It’s also great that Avon have been working with Everywoman, the world’s largest network of women in business, to create a guide and workbook, which I have also been able to input in by offering up my top tips and advice. 

You can download this invaluable guide HERE BELOW for FREE, and start a whole new journey! I hope you find our Working at Home guide useful and inspiring.

Too many of us don’t take the plunge because we’re worried we won’t succeed. However, optimism is proven to help you weather life’s storms. I’m a great believer in looking on the bright side of life and taking control of your own destiny.

IMG_058511.jpg

I’m so pleased and excited to be working with Avon Representatives and Sales Leaders to help with bright ideas and practical suggestions. And I hope to inspire and encourage those who are thinking of starting up their own business at home… which is all the more possible now we have new digital tools and devices to help us in our adventures.

Here are a few thoughts to kick-start your new spirit of business adventure. I live by these and hope they are helpful for you too.

Good self-esteem is good for business

'Confidence is a measure of how you feel about yourself. Feel good about yourself and everyone will want to do business with you.'  

photo-1423666639041-f56000c27a9a.jpg

Find a brilliant mentor

'If there's someone you admire in business, research how they achieved success as it could be that the model which worked for them, could deliver results for you.' 

'An ideal mentor is someone who is a great listener. As you talk out the questions in your own mind, you'll come up with all the answers.' 

First step: make a plan

'Success in business is all about setting achievable goals. Write them down, pin them up, keep them in mind and celebrate once you've realised them. Have business and personal goals and this will give you a strong sense of direction.' 

photo-1456324504439-367cee3b3c32.jpg 

Give yourself a little space

'Find dedicated space in the house from which to work. It could be the spare room, shed or attic. Put a sign on the door saying 'My office' and create a sense of separation between what's work and what's not. If you have an office, you can walk away at the end of a working day (or night!)' 

photo-1438262267532-2db13fcceca2111.jpg

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the experience of starting your own business, embracing new skills and owning your own destiny!

Emma Jones - Signature.jpg

Representative
Visitor
In response to emmajonesbusiness

Re: Here to help you kick-start your business working from home

Leader
Superstar

Thank you for the tops, I'm about to leave a 13 year career in Banking so I'm feeling pretty nervous!

Laura
Sales Leader covering the West Midlands
http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura

Visit my blog at: https://mymakeupblog2016.wordpress.com/
Representative
Regular Visitor

I'm on my third campaign now, glad for any tips to help. Thank you Smiley Happy
Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor