MEMBERS

Activity
  • 17 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 14 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
Highlighted
Community Editor

Spotted! Lorraine and The Daily Mail Scotland feature Skin So Soft!

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauty Connects!

There's been huge media buzz the last few weeks around Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Spray, the moisturising blend that also helps to keep insects at bay*

TV's favourite doctor, Dr Hillary appeared on ITV's Lorraine last week to share his 'Hilary Holiday Hacks'. He hailed Skin So Soft as a 'best kept secret'.

The Daily Mail Scotland also featured the dry oil spray in their guide to beating the blight of Scottish midges. In the article 'So long suckers' they said that is a 'cult product and a must-have for anyone braving the great Scottish outdoors. 

Have you been using Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Spray during the warmer weather? Let us know below!

Leigh x

*according to you!

Leader
Superstar
In response to leighmavon

Re: Spotted! Lorraine and The Daily Mail Scotland feature Skin So Soft!

Yes I’ve been using it and I have some ready to go into my suitcase for when I go on holiday.

Buy at www.avon.uk.com/store/mymakeup
FREE DELIVERY with orders over £30
Join me at http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura
Read my blog at www.mymakeup2016.blog
Representative
Occasional Contributor

Recently on Radio Suffolk a gentleman was telling a reporter about how good SSS dry oil was. He was often bitten . His daughter who is a Rep in Suffolk had recommended he used it. He was really singing the praises of this product.

Representative
New Contributor

no wonder 1 have sold 15 bottles this week and stock has sold out,more on its way quickly i hope

President's Club Member
New Contributor

I never go abroad without SSS dry oil spray and the only times I have been bitten is when I have forgotten to use it or following a massage when they used their own oils! I find it works even better when used in conjunction with the shower gel and body butter, but alas they are no longer available. Please bring them back Avon as they are a great way to prepare your body for the sun and little biters!

Representative
Expert Blogger

Myself and all my family use it Leigh @leighmavon. The midges are out in full force right now, along with little black bugs from harvesting. Not sure what they're called, but they are very annoying. We live in the countryside and have been kayaking along the rivers. Skin So Soft is a staple in our house. 

President's Club Member
Superstar

I love Skin so Soft dry oil spray and so do my customers. It really does work.

I like it so much I wrote up a review of it here on the Beauty board.

Even better news is that Avon have confirmed  here that it is suitable for use in pregnancy. 

Definitely a winner!

Silver President's Club member.
President's Club Member
Superstar

Ha ha! Insect repellent - media "buzz". Nice one @leighmavon.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Community Editor
In response to val4578

I'm glad someone else found it punny Smiley Tongue @val4578

Leigh x

President's Club Member
Superstar

Definitely @leighmavonSmiley Happy

It made me laugh -  always good!

Representative
Occasional Visitor

One of my customers ordered two bottles in Campaign 13 which did not arrive as Avon was out of stock. However, she told me that there were loads being sold on Facebook! If that is the case then I think it is wrong, and maybe Avon should do something about it please.

Valerie

Kent

Representative
Contributor

My partner used to think I was kidding him when told him to take it when he went fishing well now he and his friends all use on their fishing trips proved right again 😂😂
President's Club Member
New Contributor
In response to nigel184

We have had so many non Avon customers contacting us for SSS DOS that we are ordering a dozen bottles each week and then running out. After the media publicity, this news is now being spread by word of mouth as well.

Representative
Regular Visitor

I've just returned from a holiday in Scotland and I was pleased to see that the village shop in Loch Lomond had a nice supply of this for sale on their counter.

President's Club Member
Superstar

I'm not sure if it's good for Scotland, but is perfect for the allotment Smiley Happy

Representative
New Contributor

My husband usually gets bitten very badly so much so he swells four times his usual size when he gets bitten. As a property maintenance worker for estate agents he sees houses in all sorts of states. After me forcing him to use the dry oil spray twice a week for the past month he's not been bitten once despite going into a property and having his entire ankles and feet completely covered in flees. So it's not just flying insects it works on others too.
Coordinator
In response to val6311

I contacted AVON to suggest they put a cap on the no. of bottles reps can purchase, as some people were waiting for the 100 or 150 bottles they'd ordered to be back in stock.  I was informed that there IS a limit - 10,000!  No, I'm not joking.  It's ridiculous and no wonder we can't even get a few for people who are being bitten.  I was also told that once we have been sold products by AVON, we can do what we like with them e.g. sell on Ebay,etc. Apparently, some reps base their business on sss, hence the high limit.  It makes me wonder how many bottles are being produced in total.

Leader
Superstar
In response to avonladywales

If there’s demand why shouldn’t Avon supply it, Avon make the same no matter which rep they supply to.  Although I can’t imagine they make the 25% selling on eBay with all the postage costs but if they are willing to run their business that way why not.

Buy at www.avon.uk.com/store/mymakeup
FREE DELIVERY with orders over £30
Join me at http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura
Read my blog at www.mymakeup2016.blog