MEMBERS

Top Liked Authors
Trusted Contributor

The "Tell Your Avon Story" Board...

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

If you're wondering where this board has come from, and why we have created it...

Since the launch of the new Avon Beauty Connects community, I have read some fantastic, wonderful and truly touching Representatives' stories, detailing why Representatives joined Avon in the first place and their journey from joining up until now.

We therefore wanted to create a special board just to home these wonderful Representative stories, as well as to create a place to encourage more Representatives to share their Avon story with us! From what we have seen so far, there are so many different reasons for why people became - and become - an Avon Representative, and it is truly inspiring to read each individual's tale.

Maybe you remember well who it was that first inspired you to become an Avon Representative? Or maybe you could just tell us how long you've been doing it for, and why you have kept it up? Has your Avon journey been as you expected? Or maybe better?

If you would like to share your Avon story with us, please go back to the main board and click on "Add New Message". We would like each Representative to post their Avon story in an individual post, because each Representative's story is special and unique to them (and therefore deserves its own post!) Remember to also include a relevant "Subject" (title for your story/post) when posting your Avon story Smiley Happy

Please also feel free to engage with individual Representatives on their individual post about their story (if you wish to!)

We hope that you will enjoy the stories as much as we do, and look forward to reading more as and when they are posted Smiley Very Happy

Thanks everyone!

Char x

Sales Leader
New Contributor
In response to traceyn567

Re: The "Tell Your Avon Story" Board...

As a young girl growing up I used to love looking through my mums Avon books,when I brought my first house a sweet old lady came to my door selling Avon and I would buy something from every brochure,after I while I thought about giving it ago myself!i joined At the beginning of 2015,after months of selling Avon to loyal customers I had to give it up as work was taking up all my time,however I missed selling and connecting with customers so I decided to make more time and start again,I'm glad to be back on board as there are more and more products being introduced to Avon and I'm also planning my first Avon party which I'm hoping will be a lot of fun to XO

Coordinator
Occasional Contributor
In response to charlottelsavon

Hey everyone

I used to do Avon about 5 years ago before i went back to work full time after having my daughter. I ended up working 70 hours a week and missing out on my daughter growing up. I'm now doing a part time job and decided to get back to avon as i used to love doing it and it will boost my earnings. I also have my own little helper now as my daughter is nearly 7 and likes anything girly!

Vicky x

Representative
New Contributor

I decided to join Avon a short while ago as something to get me started with before going into full time work. I'm a mum of three boys (3yr/2yr/7mnth) Undortunately me and my partner lost our eldest last year to Cancer and two months later we welcomed our youngest into the world. Two months after that.. We decided to move house - my partners company transferred from St Albans, Hertfordshire to Northampton so we thought a fresh start would be just right.
My mum once did Avon a long time back but found it unsuccessful so I really wanted to hear from her experience and join the team myself.
Joining Avon seemed the perfect idea to get me started with meeting new people in my area and to keep me even more busy whilst I can still be at home with my kids.
Representative
Regular Contributor

Started avon in my last year of school (kind of bad timing with exams and all, but we got through...) because I wanted to earn some money in the hopes of saving up for a car. Three years on and I've barely earnt anything, definitely nowhere near enough for a car. 

That was my short, sad avon story. 

New Contributor

I used to have someone who called round to drop off the booklet for Avon, but then she stoped.

There had been a few other people coming round and saying they where doing Avon but they never lasted.

Representative
Contributor

Hi all! My story of how I became an AVON rep (now Sales Leader) is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster so please bear with me.

To start, my name is Abi. I am 18 and I'm an AVON Sales Leader. I have been with AVON for 4 months and have signed up my first three team members this week. I have roughly about 25 customers but I am determined to make this work. This is my story...

So when I was little I grew up with both my mom and dad at home, my dad is a self employed businessman and my mom (at the time) was his receptionist. My dad's office was at the bottom of our living/dining room and he was always on his computer and I was amazed.

I guess you could say from the age of 6 I wanted to be just like my dad- work from home and have people to boss around (typical kid!)

Over the next year my dad went away on a lot of "business trips" and "business meetings" so I witnessed my mom running around trying to run my dad's business for him. For a while I was confused as to where my dad was constantly disappearing to and wondered whether working meant I had to be away from my family nearly all the time.

So by the end of the year 2005 (I think that's right - I was 7) my dad sat me and mom down and told us he was leaving us and that he had got one of my mom's friends pregnant. Obviously, this broke my heart and my mom was distraught.

Over the next 5 years my mom worked part-time at IKEA to try and support both me and her. At the time I didn't understand why my mom worked so much and why my other family members were looking after me. Now, I understand and I'm so thankful to her. However, this made me not want to work for myself as I associated being self-employed with my dad leaving us. 

So come 2009 I start high school and decide I want to make my mom proud so I really want to study and do well in my GCSEs. I started my GCSEs at 13 (year 9) and finished in year 11 (age 16,) I came out with 11 GCSEs A*- B including business, maths and english which I thought would be essential for getting a job. Oh how I was wrong.

I decide I didn't want to go to college or sixth form as I was constantly made fun of about something (my eyes, teeth, weight etc...) and I didn't want to go through another two years of hell so I decided I would get an apprenticeship in an office.

Working for £3.30 an hour, travelling four hours a day, getting up at 6:30 and not getting bsck until 7 at night was NOT fun. Especially considering I had the same issues of bullying. This time it was served to me by a 27 year old woman not 16 year old girls. I decide to quit the office and get a job elsewhere...

The next place I work at is a big company known as IKEA. This job paid well £7.25 an hour but I was working all the time, they'd call me half an hour before someone's shift (say they were in at 2 they'd call me at 1:30) saying ___ is sick can you come do their shift. I always said yes and would rush to get into my uniform and get there ASAP. Not long after I started I had to keep going into hospital and they kept penalising me for it- they totally forgot about everything I did for them so I quit. I wanted to work for myself but obviously being 16 I couldn't.

I then get a job at CEX on a 0 hour contract. We weren't allowed breaks and I was only called in when the store was busy and they spent more on staff then what they made in the day so they got rid of all of us 0 hour contract workers.

So at 17 I was unemployed, couldn't find a job. Everytime I went to an interview I was let down as there was always someone older who had more experience.

I then turned 18 and knew I wanted to do AVON as I had done my research about it and it was miles ahead of the competition (I signed up for Nu Skin but £30 for a face mask is bloody ridiculous!)

So I approach a lady in the job centre who was an area manager, she took all my details and said she would call me that night to sign me up... she never did contact me. So I contacted AVON myself as I still wanted to do it and a lovely lady called Amanda signed me up and has been such a help! Without her I wouldn't be here today.

Here I am 4 months later earning £50 every three weeks and just signing up my team.

Wish me luck and thank you for reading!

Abi
Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor
In response to abinicholls

I joined Avon in September 2002 after I left school looking for a bit of extra money I only use to do it for my work colleagues and a few people on my road I use to live on. I then started a new little part time  job so Avon was on the back burner till this year when I decided to expand my business I now have a few regular customers by the road I live on now and since I left my part time job (for reasons I won't go into sorry) I've decided to concentrate on Avon alongside at my local newspaper where most of the ladies are always putting in regular orders which atm is what I need plus I know it works for me because I love the products. 

So that's me! 

Hannah x

Coordinator
New Contributor

ive been doing avon 7 years.. i was doing betterware an year before, but got too much so had to choose one so i chose avon,best choice ever!!!,! since an year im a sales leader with 10 reps under me, and my sales leader is one of the best in the uk..... and im the top rep in both closest area codes 

Sales Leader
Visitor

Im a second year university student who has recently gotten my own humble abode so with house bills to pay aswell as other bills (car, phone ect.) and only working part time (weekends) i wanted to make some extra cash to go towards bills or to treat myself and family! I've always loved avon so though why not! so far im loving it, placed my first order yesterday and got over the HOV! 

Representative
Contributor

Hey hun, so the reason I joined Avon is because I am a full time mum to 2 young children and I felt like I was losing my identity and was desperate to get back out there and start working again. However I couldn't afford the child care and felt as though I would be a terrible mother by not being there to raise my children. So I looked into Avon and I found that it would be brilliant to work from home and in my own time and not only that but I would get to make new friends along the way. I've only been doing it for a few months now but I think it's fantastic as I'm now known as Leanne again and not just mummy lol and it's lovely to be able to treat my two cheeky cherubs from my own pocket for a change. Smiley Happy xx

Representative
New Contributor

I decided to start Avon as I am currently saving up to get married & although both sets of parents have offered to cover... well... everything, I dont want to feel like I am in debt to my family, so I decided to set up Avon as a way of earning a little extra cash towards my wedding. I also chose to start my avon as I have an absolute passion for beauty & home etc & I am a little bit of a make up snob (I tend to wear make up that you need a mortgage to buy) I know from my past usage of Avon products that the products we sell are as good, if not better than high end make up products, I want to point my customers in the same direction of trusting the brand & I think that my genuine passion for all things Avon will help me & also help my wedding fund Smiley Happy

Representative
Occasional Contributor

I joined Avon when my son was very young. I had been working in London for 17 years in a job that I loved and that paid well. Then I had 2 life experiences that changed things forever. Firstly, I found out that my beautiful baby son had a severe but undiagnosed condition which could mean that he could have a very short life. Secondly, my partner started to treat me very badly and he 'stepped up' his addictions which left me frightened and vulnerable, I had to give up my job to care for my son but my partner very rarely gave me any money and because of his job, I wasn't entitled to benefits.

I was never the sort of person to sit around doing nothing and I started to go stir crazy with fear and dread of what was in store for my life. Someone suggested Avon so I thought I'd give it a go. I loved it! I have always been able to talk the hind legs of a donkey so I got to know my customers very well. I was lucky to have a round right on my doorstep so I knew some of them already. Before long, I was a presidents club member and then I became a sales leader. I did very well and loved working for Avon but it became very difficult to do my rounds when the weather was bad as I didn't want to take my poorly son out with me and my partner refused to look after him. Sadly, it became impossible to keep it up so I had to resign. 

Thankfully, as time went on, my (now confirmed as profoundly disabled) son proved all the doctors wrong as he went from strength to strength. He was the one who gave me the courage to stand up and fight for us both. I split with my partner and started looking at my options. Then yet again, tragedy struck and I lost my Dad suddenly. His widow wanted to invest some of his money and offered to go 50/50 with me to buy a house which would be suitable for me and my son. At last my life was changing, but now, my son was needing me more and more and I had to stay on benefits for a while. I had thought about going back to Avon but I remember how difficult it was with a baby when I was a single Mum - let alone a teenager!

Then quite unexpectedly, the biggest and best change in my life happened.... I met a wonderful man who wanted to be part of not only my life, but my son's as well. 3 years later and we are still together. A couple of months ago, my son's carer became an Avon lady and said I should give it a go! Of course I jumped at the chance. I was now in a position where I could be an Avon lady and know that my son, who is now 18 years old, would be safely cared for at home by my new partner.

IMG_8350.JPGIMG_0568.PNG

It is still a struggle, being Mum to a young man with profound and complex disabilities and an unknown prognosis but I am now looking forward to a future with Avon and a better life for us all. I am very lucky and you all now agree that I can talk the hind legs off a donkey hahahaha.

Representative
Occasional Contributor
In response to songsaang

Why can you order Little PinkDress perfume samples. BUT! Can't order the actual perfume. I have customers asking about this. Not in brochures 3,4or5.Our Story was another perfume I have been asked about. Thanks☺😁

Representative
Occasional Contributor

After a terrible fall at work and subsequent developing fibromyalgia, I was left without a job and prospects for the future was dismal. I saw a post in my local area and decided well this might be something I can do, I hooked up with an amazing lady who had fibro too, she signed me up and here I am 8 months down the line, working towards becoming a team leader. It fits in with my illness and I get to have all the fabulous stuff my heart desires. 

Representative
New Contributor

This is my 3rd time doing Avon ive loved doing it everytime but never had the determination to take it very far....Until i joined back up in august 2014. I love my customers and the friends I've made from it and the fact i can work around my kids. I've also now made the decision to join up to become a sales leader (2nd time lucky).
Sales Leader
Contributor

hi eveyone.

i am new to avon and male. hopefully having a male rep it will be a change from a woman in my area and get me the customers i so richly deserve. lol. but in all honesty i love it so far and ill try to keep you all updated with how i do.

Highlighted
Sales Leader
Contributor
In response to sammytkb98

thats a lovely story. 

Representative
Contributor

When I became and Avon Representative it was the perfect time. Due to me just finishing my first year at college and coming up to a long summer break I needed something to keep me entertained in my spare time.
It so happens that I was walking to my grandma's house and I was approach by an Avon Representative and she was wondering if I was interested. I had thought of doing Avon in the past but never really persued it as I didnt know how to go about it and now that I had I'm so glad I did. 😃
Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor

I'm a single mum with two beautiful gifted children, don't get me wrong I was at my happiest but I was bored I had no motivation. Until I started avon, I over time got my confidence back and felt like I was doing something for myself. Made me feel in charge of my job. And I was loving it! It was rubbing off of over customers as I've finally got them to join as a rep! If you enjoy your work your outcome will be amazing!

Representative
New Contributor

Hi I'm Kirstie I just joined Sally's AVON team 05/08/2017 today and recently became a AVON Sales Rep and looking forward to getting business started

Kirstie Day