MEMBERS

Activity
Top Liked Authors
Trusted Contributor

The "Tell Your Avon Story" Board...

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

If you're wondering where this board has come from, and why we have created it...

Since the launch of the new Avon Beauty Connects community, I have read some fantastic, wonderful and truly touching Representatives' stories, detailing why Representatives joined Avon in the first place and their journey from joining up until now.

We therefore wanted to create a special board just to home these wonderful Representative stories, as well as to create a place to encourage more Representatives to share their Avon story with us! From what we have seen so far, there are so many different reasons for why people became - and become - an Avon Representative, and it is truly inspiring to read each individual's tale.

Maybe you remember well who it was that first inspired you to become an Avon Representative? Or maybe you could just tell us how long you've been doing it for, and why you have kept it up? Has your Avon journey been as you expected? Or maybe better?

If you would like to share your Avon story with us, please go back to the main board and click on "Add New Message". We would like each Representative to post their Avon story in an individual post, because each Representative's story is special and unique to them (and therefore deserves its own post!) Remember to also include a relevant "Subject" (title for your story/post) when posting your Avon story Smiley Happy

Please also feel free to engage with individual Representatives on their individual post about their story (if you wish to!)

We hope that you will enjoy the stories as much as we do, and look forward to reading more as and when they are posted Smiley Very Happy

Thanks everyone!

Char x

Representative
Occasional Contributor
In response to charlottelsavon

Re: The "Tell Your Avon Story" Board...

I had just started university and wanted another way to earn some extra money as all young people do, i had just passed my driving and bought a car. I didn't have time time to get a part time job as it would have been difficult for me to keep on track with my assignments. I saw a few advertisements on t.v about avon and thought it would be great as i can do it in my own home in my own time as well as get most of my customers from university. 

Sales Leader
Contributor

I joined Avon after being disheartened by office job after office job turning me down because I'm a mum (despite years of long service at my previous employment before having my son). I started to feel lost and hemmed in, almost depressed and very insular. I like people, always have. Since doing Avon I've made some new friends and found some old ones lurking within my allocated roads Smiley Happy I looked at Avon a few years previous to my actual appointment, but I wasn't ready then. I'm pleased I eventually plucked up the courage. Thanks Avon Smiley Happy
~~ Trainee Sales Leader, Crowborough, East Sussex ~~
Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor

April 2015, i was walking to see a avon lady who i already knew from our kids go to the same school ,The only thing i knew about Avon was that the book has make up and perfume i was amazed at how much more it had in it, I had tried avon before but it didnt go very well so i gave up, I have now done 4 campaigns and ive now become a trainee sales leader, i just hope i am as good as this as i am a avon rep.

E.Fowler
Representative
Frequent Contributor

I saw Avon on the Internet whiles looking for job, want cut my attention was the you can work flexible hours. I needed something that could fetch me some money as an extra income. Though at the moment have not reached my target of atleast 50pounds after every order but I know I will get there. Avon the company for women
Sales Leader
Frequent Contributor

I was inspired to join Avon, as I've always loved AVON products growing up.
I can remember my grandmother always having a bottle of perfume, usually Celebrè, and various make up! Me and my cousins would always have make overs!
Me and my mother always enjoyed looking through out brochure for the products we had always loved and new ones coming out.
I decided now, being an adult I would give it a go for a little extra cash throughout the month. We want certain things for our new home but even though we both work full time, money is still a little tight. So in order to get the things we really want as apposed to whatever's cheapest, I use Avon to save. And it makes it all worth it, knowing that ive worked so hard for it!

SJ XX
Representative
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My story is a little different and sweet I think, I was a rep many years ago and started just me and my daughter buying items. An accquintance asked to look at the book she was not interested but a very small lady asked if she could get me to call and left her address.

When I went I met a sweet pensioner who had missed Avon for many years every time she got a rep they finished or she never saw them again. A few years after meeting her family I went into the house for chats more than just delivering we have become friends .

I know her daughters , grand daughters and soon to meet the great great grand kids. This lady is having a birthday this month I am not able to tell her age but am able to say the big 90 th is not far away. 

I have already bought her a bag and her favorite avon cream and she was shocked I would wish her well, Mrs Birkett is not a customer she is a lovely friend and a devoted fan of Avon I made her a promise the first day I met her as long as she walks this planet she WILL always have her avon rep.  My round is tiny my income is less than I spend BUT I have quality in this dear lady hope you find my story of my life as a Rep a good one and thank you for reading it. Elaine

Representative
Contributor

I'm following in my mums footsteps - she sold Avon successfully for many many years. I'm getting married next year and wanted to boost my wedding funds Smiley Happy

Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor
In response to zuliakha96

our avon started 3 years ago, we tried a different catalogue called kleeneze first , but after putting loads of books out every day like we were told to it didnt work ,for us our uplines were fantastic , i was unhappy in a job i did and started with depression , then one fine day a girl at our local premier shop had an avon brochure , i asked could i take one for my then girlfriend now fiancee  vikki , she replied of course i have just started out, i will collect in a couple of days adam, vikki was made up as she and my mother in law love avon , when the order was delivered joanne asked if we would be interested in doing avon ? vikki had a massive smile and we talked about it , we got a few streets , and of we went our very first order was £80 which we were happy with we had about 15 customers , our sales leader was not the best as she basiclly left us to it and when we phoned her or asked joanne for help, as joanne wasnt sure as she was new to sales leadership, she would say im waiting on kelly getting back to me , last christmas we put through a £4k order which was our 1st big goal achived, we now have over 500 customers after recanvassing our areas, in wind , rain , sleet, ice etc , our area manager at the time use to say your not a fully fledged rep until your soaked to your knickers which is hard for me being a fella , with our avon my fiancee vikki is the brains and youve guessed it im the braun , vikki sorts orders out and admin i just deliver the products and brochures , we also had a go at sales leadership which at the time was hard but we managed to have a fantastic xmas where the kids got everything , we also bought a £600 table and chairs from argos which is our head quarters ,its been hard work but as many yorkshire men and women say "you dont get owt for nowt " i love avon as we can take our son to school, if hes sick we can have time off no boss nagging about time off , we can earn what we want when we want as little or as much as we and our customers want , vikki also suffers with buldging discs and a degenerating spine which she never complains about . without vikki and avon i would not be who i am today , i would be in a gutter and unhappy with my life as i lost my mum at 21 , and just lost my dad in january both to cancer, vikki also lost her stepmum may who was fantastic just as much as vikkis mum who also back in her day use to do avon , and we love avon and love sunny blackpool . i would like to thank joanne, kelly ,the mother in law rose,matt,karen our old area manager ,helen our new area manager who is fantastic ,also our divisonal manager colleen and all at avon and of course our loyal customers old and new for all support adam & vikki x 

Sales Leader
Frequent Contributor

Good afternoon,

On the beginning of my story I would like to say thank you for your time. 
My story in Avon began exactly a year ago. By chance I found myself in the Job Center where one of the Avon Representative stopped me on the pretext of my perfume. Word for word and ..... In such a method ......,. 
Heir I am......
In late February, my manager came to my home with the visit . I remember this day. The depression after a 3 week battle with chicken pox my daughters. Almost in desperation I opened the door. After our conversation I got the longer transition proposals for training leader. For three campaign finally I have my private  statments. 😀Sales of itself is going well, even me, but I would like to also raise more. 😉 I do not have the full team but I have still Faith that one day I will be have the best team work. 

Thank you for your attention. 

With regards

Kamila

In response to oiokokm

When I was a child, my mom was a representative of Avon. She is gave access to his bag with cosmetics. It was so cool for me))))

Later, I began to try to do make-up.

And my first cosmetic was Avon)

Now I working in Avon and continue to use many products)))

Olya

Coordinator
Occasional Contributor

This is my 3rd time being a rep and it is always something I fall back on when I need a little bit of extra pocket money!  I love the fact that I can go out and meet new people!

So excited on starting my new round!

Representative
Contributor

I started being an Avon rep in 1982.

I had always wanted to sell cosmetics in a store or be a hairdresser (in the 1960's).

In the 1970's I worked in Regent Street  (London) and bought Clinical fom DH Evans in Oxford Street, just round the corner. It was very expensive, but I thought it was worth it for my sensitive skin.

in 1980, my daughter was born and I was at home when an Avon rep (Josie) called. I explained that I had sensitive skin but she told me about the Avon money back guarantee; so I ordered and never looked back until she told me she was moving away!

The rest is history.

I built up my round and got into Presidents Club in my first year. I was second in the area when Elaine (top rep) resigned. All my Avon friends in Hemel (we used to have regular meetings and we were always 

Representative
Contributor
In response to jeannie01

in contact with each other). 

We used to help each other out with shorted products, etc

Anyway exactly when I was set to be no 1 in area, Avon changed the areas!!!!!!!!!! So it didn't happen. Moved goalposts!

Although I had already qualified in 1984, and since, for PC by c9 which was brilliant - theAvon Lunches were absolutely wonderful. The best was the one at Northampton (anyone who was there will remember  the Parfum Creatif launch and policeman from Allo Allo, passports and"Simply the  Best". It was best ever.

The other good thing was our PC forum which started in the1990's (I think)

Several highlights but having seen Godess Fatima (justifiably) thought of so highly, I shall go for meeting someone, through the PC Forum called Georgina, arm in plaster through tripping over a veil? on the Isle of Wight 

Representative
Contributor
In response to jeannie01

the PC Forum was wonderful. I remember a special person called Joyce (Skip) - an Australian. We both love cricket but failed to convince younger people that our terminlogy was here long before they were. I didn't understand their (the "youngsters")  IT stuff either.

But it worked.

Coordinator
Occasional Contributor

Well my story is that 2half years ago i was a rep and was moving home so i decided to stop selling avon plus id just finished  mat leave and left my job due to family commitments and also to become a full time carer for my child as Avon,job and home life just wasnt working at the time and wanted to devote all my spare time tomy children, so i moved house and now 2 half years gone by... i was approched by a team from avon to come back on board in campaign 12 and loving it...... but spending a fortune on myself each month lol and im doing better with sales this time around and thinking big for my future and feel i now have the time to do this but also can get my kids involved with it too helping me deliver books and orders and they love role playing with the order forms. so my work and life balance is just perfect for me right now So thank you to my sales leader Jo!!! x x x

Caroline Bullock
Representative
Occasional Contributor

I loved Avon since I was a wee girl, my gran had a rep that came round and I always wanted things for the brochure.  At 14yrs of age I became a rep under my mother's name but I did all the work.  I sold Avon at school to all my school friends and I went round all the streets where I lived and built up a good customer base.  

At 18yrs old I finally got my account under my own name and have been a rep ever since although I had a wee break when I had my daughter.

I love Avon products, I've used them for so long and I love that I am knowledgable about the products Avon sell.

Sales Leader
Occasional Contributor
In response to 7paula7

I always loved buying from Avon and now im working for them its even better, I can be a full time mum to my son and enjoy 11 more weeks until my daughter is born. I enjoy every moment, whether that's something new my son has done at school or even seeing a smile on the customers face.
No matter what I would always highly recomend Avon. 

Sales Leader
New Contributor

after many years of using and loving avon i was sadly dissapointed when no one in my area was a rep, i started ordering online a few months back and decided there and then to email off to be our avon rep for the area.

after spending a hour with marie i felt like i had been sat with a old friend, shes made me feel so welcomed and gave me such confidence that this venture is the right path for me.

its my first day and i must say hearing people in my area so happy that they finally have a rep they can relate to and talk to who will be here for a long time!!!

after just a few hours i already have 19 customers with orders and many more messages asking for a booklet delivered.

i look forward to reading hints and tips from fellow reps and leaders

kel xx

Representative
Contributor
In response to kellywilliams

Well done.x