• 15 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 10 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
Highlighted
Community Moderator

How do you get over the January blues?

Hi Beauty Connects, 

Blue Monday (typically the 3rd Monday in January) is just around the corner. Scientists say this is the most depressing day of the year due to lots of factors including the weather, our bank balances post Christmas and the amount of people who have given up on their resolutions!

Let's all club together to spread some positivity and share our tips for getting over the blues. 

h-fvcu6tfjo-mark-daynes.jpg

Leigh x 

President's Club Member
Superstar
In response to leighmavon

Re: How do you get over the January blues?

I haven't felt the winter blues yet anyways I fined that one of the best ways to pick you up is meeting up with a friend, friend's and having a good old chatch up and letting your hair down,whether its a coffee at your or a drink at the pub its sure to pick you up,I have a friend who suffers with the sads illness we go out about once a month and some times I have to push her to go out and at the end of the night she had a great time and thanks me for pushing her to go out.

Representative
Superstar

Well looking at the gorgeous photo that youve posted @ leighmavon would definately help!!

But failing that a friend of mine has given some of her friends a new diary ... you have to put one thing in each day that made you smile...it's actually pretty effective because each day you are forcing yourself to look at the positive instead of the negative!!!

Coordinator
Superstar

I never have the January blues. January, to me, means my birthday, the start of new beginners dance classes, a year of dancing ahead, spring/summer on the horizon, everything to look forward to. So slap a big smile on your face and get out there and OWN the new year. xx

PC rep for 21 years, SL for 10
WARNING: replies may contain facts you've not been given
Representative
Regular Contributor

My birthday is in a few days so I never feel very blue this time of year.. Although saying that, a LOT of my family have birthdays this month too, which means more trips to the shop and gift planning Smiley Sad 

I guess I just like to pamper myself when I feel down. Always makes me smile if I feel good! I'm thinking of treating myself to the new Planet Spa Gold products Smiley Happy

Representative
Frequent Contributor

I get as much sunlight as possible as I know that's one of the reasons I get so down in winter.  It might be cold outside but it's usually dry so those crisp walks blow some cobwebs out too xx

President's Club Member
Valued Contributor
In response to kristinem16

I love this time of year as i hate being to hot also there are no huge spiders running around the house...so i am making the most of it the picture you've shown looks great nice crisp frost how Divine!

Community Editor

That's an extremely good question @leighmavon!! 

I have written a GIANT list of, well, everything really.

I'm getting really into bullet journaling this year so far... and it's really helping combat the January blues.

If you've no idea what bullet journaling... here's a quick explanation

Community Moderator
In response to tessavon

That looks amazing Tess!

I'd love to try the decluttering 365 challenge! I started with my purse the other day.. you wouldn't believe the amount of receipts I had in there. I couldn't even close it! Little things like being able to close my purse again make me happy!

Leigh x

Coordinator
Superstar

My dance class started back this morning, after the Christmas break. All's right with the world. xx

Community Moderator
In response to goddessfatima

Pleased to hear that @goddessfatima! And happy birthday for this month, what date is it?

I tried to walk off those mince pies and tins of chocolates I ate over Christmas with a nice walk yesterday. I felt so much better for it after!  As @kristinem16 has said, I think fresh air and some exercise is great for the body and soul!

Leigh x

Coordinator
Superstar

Thank you. It was last Friday. xx

Community Moderator
In response to goddessfatima

Sorry I missed it @goddessfatima. Hope you had a fab day x

Representative
New Contributor

I love to knit, sew and crochet and have recently started weaving, so I make lots of lovely things! Smiley Happy Or read a lovely book

Representative
New Contributor

I love, love, love that photo! Gorgeous! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Look forward to my birthday!!!! When I was younger (until just a few years ago) I always felt so special because it always snowed on my birthday. ( Didn't figure out if was January)x