• 10 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 6 Users in Discussion
Top Liked Authors
Highlighted
Representative
Superstar

Journaling

Last year a friend gave me a diary with instructions to write one thing that made me smile each day... and so my introduction to “Journaling” albeit on a very basic level.

I must admit sometimes it was a challenge to find a positive on some days - it really makes you think - but studies have shown that the overall effect of such “Gratitude Journals” is to create within us a more positive attitude which is better for our mental health.

So this year I’ve decided to be a bit more adventurous by using one of the pretty notebooks that Avon are selling at the moment.

As a newbie I decided to start small and I did a little research on Pintrest.  So this is my first attempt.  Although I used a small notebook I calculated that this Journal could last me 6 years!!

E13D6BFC-CAE6-42C4-8E16-9AA3E150E4CF.jpegA14B314D-C884-4937-B84D-05AD2D74E566.jpeg52F541C0-572C-4F47-97DB-DE11E6D348F6.jpegF4A88973-B34D-4CE5-8473-FC0244148C7E.jpeg

President's Club Member
Superstar
In response to bravissimo

Re: Journaling

How lovely @bravissimo, what a great use for the pretty notebooks.  Thanks for sharing.

Smiley Happy 

I know that an attitude of gratitude is a very positive thing & helps us to feel much better about things in general & helps to stop us dwelling on the negatives in life, which are often things we have no control over & can't change. Appreciating a compliment, someone making us a cup of tea, a rainbow or a spell of sunshine are all great mood boosters if we notice them & remember to be grateful for them.

Maybe we could all take this positivity on board, & feel so much better.

Smiley Happy

Lovely post @bravissimo

Silver President's Club member.
Representative
Superstar
In response to val4578

Thank you @val4578 I am looking forward to developing my journal over the next few months!!  A really lovely quote I read while I was researching said "Every day isn't good but there is good in every day" - I think the trick is to find it isn't it?

President's Club Member
Superstar

Such an inspirational post @bravissimo keep up the journal, would be great to see some of your notes if you wanted to share.  Love the note book too! x

Representative
Superstar
In response to jazzqueen64

Thank you @jazzqueen64 

Representative
Expert Blogger

So lovely Melanie! @bravissimo I have wanted to start journaling for years now to help me get through all the problems I have had to struggle with. Even now I still struggle on a daily basis especially with feeling alone. You have given me the encouragement I need to start, especially with trying to come up with something positive each day instead of allowing all the negatives to make me feel down. I shall get myself a lovely book and start ~ one day at a time. 

Representative
Superstar
In response to knittygritty6

I’m so glad I posted this @knittygritty6 ... to be honest I can be a bit of a cynic when it comes to this kind of thing, but the diary my friend encouraged me to do last year was such fun and it did make me feel less negative about things.  I hope your Journal goes well ... all the best x

President's Club Member
Superstar

Love it @bravissimo everyone can do with a bit of positive thinking.  So often the good things get lost with all the upheavals that we have to deal with in life.  I know it sounds silly, but my husband has put a lot of photos on my computer front page, which change all the time, and when the photos of my grandkids come up on the screen, it just makes my day.  I don't always see them every day, not at the moment as we have not been well, but if your a grandparent yourself, you'll know that we think of them all the time.  For us its full on as the parents need our help, they have four children, 3 boys and a girl from ages 0-6 so a handful, but I love every one them.  You've inspired me I am going to start one too, and what better time to start than in January.  Thanks again @bravissimo x

Representative
Superstar
In response to michelle009

Thank you @michelle009 .... it is so true that if we reflect on good things we can push out negative thoughts cant we? Beautiful pictures of your grandchildren definately count!!!

President's Club Member
Superstar

@bravissimo what a lovely idea ,I always forget to fill mine in.

Representative
Superstar

Me too @gelder which is why I decided this time to try a monthly one ... each month I'm trying to think if a positive quality that sums up the month...as I'm preparing to do January's I have been finding that I think about it a lot, deciding what quality is going to be my stand out one for the month...it means I'm not just thinking positively when I do my journal, but also when I'm not doing it!!