MEMBERS

Activity
Top Liked Authors
Community Editor

What are you watching?

Hi Beauty Connects!

I'll admit it, I'm a weekend binge watcher! Name a series, I've probably watched it. Netflix and catch-up TV is my (not- so- guilty) pleasure. 

I've recently been binging on Wild Wild Country, a Netflix docu- series about a cult that took over America in the 80's and before that, I was watching 'Dark'- a sci- fi thriller. 

What have you been watching recently or can you recommend? 

Leigh x

Coordinator
Superstar
In response to leighmavon

Re: What are you watching?

Not quite the same thing, but I am revelling in watching all the re-runs of '3rd Rock from the Sun'. Although it finished more than a decade ago it's still right up there. It'll probably never date. xx

PC rep for 21 years, SL for 10
WARNING: replies may contain facts you've not been given
Representative
Regular Contributor

@leighmavon and @GoddessFatima re runs are great, I'm watching wheel of fortune - Bradley Walsh ones, he's so funny. Anyone recommend a good movie?
President's Club Member
Superstar

We started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix that's really good ,our other favorites are Chicago fire,flash, Arrow and my favourite is Nashville also Jamestown.

President's Club Member
Superstar

@leighmavon We don't watch tv, we have netflix at the moment which keeps cutting out on us, very annoying.  So we have been watching all of the Friends series, husband is going to buy the whole set for my birthday, he has just ordered for me. The new star trek series is quite good Discovery.

Leader
Regular Contributor

Our friend gave us a box set of Dead Like Me for a rainy day.

my husband and I have had flu so have been watching this back to back.

its macabre black humour about a group of Grim Reapers who liberate souls.

sad and funny. 

Representative
Superstar
In response to joinmarie

I have a proper TV and am enjoying watching The Durrells and I am addicted to Coronation Street!  I don't bother with Netflix etc.  I haven't got time!

Staff
In response to mary4avon

Hi Leigh!

Thanks for launching this discussion. On Netflix, I am a huge fan of Stranger Things (of course) and Glow! As @gelder, I recently started Jessica Jones and I really love it!

XX

Leader
Superstar

We seem to have CBeebies and Nick Jr on a lot in our hours!

I have been watching who wants to be a millionaire this week and I’ve been watching this time next year, rich house poor house and give it a year.  

Buy at www.avon.uk.com/store/mymakeup
FREE DELIVERY with orders over £30
Join me at http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura
Read my blog at www.mymakeup2016.blog
Representative
Respected Contributor

When I saw  this - what are you watching? - first thing that came to mind was - my weight lol! (Rising)!

I don't have a tuned in TV and I don't have Netflix etc, but I have quite a few DVDs!

Last night I watched The Huntsman (it was the second one and I can't remember the full title - something to do with winter). 

Carolyn
ABC closing 19th Aug - try ukrepsconnect.proboards.com www.avon.uk.com/store/uniquechicboutique
Highlighted
Sales Leader
Contributor
In response to carolynsateam18

I am usually one of the last people to see the latest blockbusting films and TV series. My TV viewing time is very limited, so I am very careful what I choose to watch and I always set aside an hour or two each evening to watch a couple of things. 

Soaps are not my thing, but I've been hooked on the Pat Phelan thing in Coronation Street for the last couple of years. Now he's had his comeuppance, there's little to hold my interest. 

But the most amazing series I have watched recently has been something people have been urging me to watch for years. BREAKING BAD! It's been the most amazing ride of a TV series I think I have ever seen. After a few slow episodes at the beginning of series 1, it literally exploded into something quite spectacular. It was a real edge-of-your-seat series at times, full of surprises. I couldn't predict what was going to happen. Just about every emotion possible was teased out of me throughout the five series. It was harrowing at times, but totally unmissable. 

I am now watching the spin-off series, Better Call Saul, which has also come highly recommended. (Please don't tell me what is going to happen as I have only just started watching series 1.) Smiley Surprised

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love watching box sets, any of the marvel series, catch up etc. at the minute I am watching Deception. Also love Corrie and Emmerdale and series like the Crown, the Durrels.

President's Club Member
Superstar
In response to ngalley

I'm loving Love Island at the mo, is  anyone else watching and do you have your winners already?  I do. 

Community Editor
In response to jazzqueen64

Hey @jazzqueen64

It's my guilty pleasure! I like Jack and Dani although I think he might be in to her more than she is him, what do you think? Who's your fave?

Leigh x

President's Club Member
Superstar

Yes agree @leighmavon he's smitten!

Occasional Contributor

I love flash Arrow and now I'm working my way through legends of tomorrow also a big fan of supernatural .I started watching these with my son because he asked me too but now I'm hooked
Occasional Contributor

And peaky blinders
President's Club Member
Superstar

Love Peaky Blinders @dichee

I'm into The Handmaids Tale at the moment, a bit thought provoking.

Representative
Occasional Contributor

Hi Smiley Happy I’ve been watching love island 😀 anyone else following it? 

Representative
Occasional Contributor

currently watching Bates motel on Netflix i couldnt get into it at first but now im hooked!